M&C SAATCHI PLC MODERN SLAVERY STATEMENT 2022
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the Act) and constitutes the Company’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ended 31 December 2021. This statement was approved by the Company’s board of directors on 23 September 2022. A new statement will be published each financial year on our corporate website.
The Company is a global marketing service business working across a wide variety of industry sectors. We do not act as a producer, manufacturer or retailer of physical goods and have no supply chains relating to such activities. More information on our business can be found at www.mcsaatchi.com
The Board believes the Company does not operate in an industry where modern slavery is prevalent and that the risk of becoming directly involved in the support or encouragement of slavery, unwittingly or otherwise, is minimal. However, as with many service industry companies, we recognise that modern slavery is an issue across many sectors that constitute our supply chains, particularly including IT equipment and services, food and beverage suppliers, and cleaning services. The Company is committed to ensuring our business is operated ethically and with integrity, by taking a no tolerance approach to slavery or human trafficking in our organisation or in our supply chain. We will never knowingly deal with any organisation which is connected to slavery or human trafficking and given the nature of the services we provide, we consider that we are at low risk of exposure to slavery and human trafficking. We are not aware of any areas of our operations and supply chain likely to lead to a breach of the Act.
We have recently appointed a new Global Sustainability Director, who, as part of their responsibilities, will be reviewing our approach to identifying and combatting modern slavery in our supply chain management across all of our global companies.
The new Global Sustainability Director will build on existing good practice to mitigate risks including:
· Considering potential risk areas in our supply chains.
· Ensuring our global teams practice responsible procurement and conduct new supplier due
· Complying with all relevant employment laws and having internal HR policies and processes in
place to prevent slavery and human trafficking.
· Protecting whistleblowers by providing access to a dedicated whistleblowing platform.
· Thoroughly investigating any allegations made and taking appropriate action following an
· Implementing policies and training programmes for employees to vet and monitor clients and
suppliers at all levels.
We know the growth of our business allows us the opportunity to continually provide quality employment opportunities and foster human rights and ethical practices within our own company. We embrace opportunities to work collaboratively to bring about change through our collective networks by joining forces with companies who share our values.
The statement covers the Company and each of its subsidiaries in the UK as listed below:
· ALIVE & KICKING GLOBAL LIMITED
· CLEAR IDEAS CONSULTANCY LLP
· CLEAR IDEAS LIMITED
· FYND MEDIA LTD
· H2R RESEARCH LIMITED
· HUMAN DIGITAL LIMITED
· INFLUENCE COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
· LIDA (UK) LLP
· LIDA LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI (UK) LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI ACCELERATOR LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS B.V. (UK registered branch)
· M&C SAATCHI EUROPEAN HOLDINGS LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI EXPORT LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI FLUENCY LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI GERMAN HOLDINGS LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI LIFE LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI MARKETING ARTS LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI MERLIN LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI MIDDLE EAST HOLDCO LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI MOBILE LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI NETWORK LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI PR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI PR LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI PR UK LLP
· M&C SAATCHI SHOP LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI SOCIAL LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI SPORT & ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI TALK LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI WMH LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI WORLD SERVICES LLP
· M&C SAATCHI WORLDWIDE LIMITED
· M&C SAATCHI WS .ORG LIMITED
· RE WORLDWIDE LTD
· SAATCHINVEST LIMITED
· THE SOURCE (LONDON) LIMITED
· THE SOURCE (W1) LLP
· THIS IS NOTICED LIMITED
· THREAD INNOVATION LIMITED
· TRICYCLE COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
Chief Executive Officer
23 Sepbember 2022